Saturday, March 16, 2013

"GALILEO GALILEI" in Lisbon during her maiden cruise with ICI





"GALILEO GALILEI" started her maiden voyage with I.C.I. on the 12.4.1979, very first brochure promoting the new cruise ships included here, another former ADRIATICA liner the AUSONIA was also sailing for I.C.I. "GALILEO GALILEI" called in Lisbon during this maiden voyage, here she is captured by the friendly and always hungry lenses of local Maritime Historian and Photographer Luis Miguel Correia, copyright photo. Both ships had extensive refits, their cargo masts were removed but their overall external  profile remained fortunately unchanged, this photo by L.M.C. is a classic example of that, it is in my opinion one of the most beautiful photos I have ever seen of this beautiful passenger ship

No comments:

Post a Comment